Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Agricultural Engineering is a course wherein the candidates get the knowledge about the designing and development of the agriculture equipment and also resolve the problem of the farmer. B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering has many important duties, use computer software for designing and development of the equipment of the agriculture products, test new and old agricultural equipment to ensure the safety and reliability, oversee all the construction and production of the equipment.
The candidates,who are interested in pursuing the course of B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering must make sure that they are eligible enough. Furthermore, one can find the eligibility criteria below:-
- The students must have qualified their 12th board examinations with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB).
- The candidates must have cleared their 12th from a recognized board.
- The students must have secured a minimum of 50% in their 12th board examination.
- One must have the basic knowledge about the computer and its software.
The syllabus of the B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering is divided into 8 semesters and every semester is of 6 months. In the whole syllabus of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Agriculture, both practical and theoretical knowledge is involved.
Some of the most important subjects that are taught in the B.Tech in agricultural engineering are given below:-
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Mechanics of Solids
- Elements of Electrical Engineering
- Communication Skills
- Engineering Graphics
- Environment Science
- Computer Programming and Utilization
- Agriculture Engineering
- Land Surveying and Leveling
- Food Processing and Quality
- Biological Materials
- Fluid Mechanics
- Agriculture Business and Marketing
- Soil Mechanics
- Agriculture Machinery
- Water Resource Management
- Energy and Sources
- Irrigation Engineering
- Theory of Machines
- Information Technology Basics
- Computer Graphics
- Dairy Engineering
- Electrical Machines
- Strength of Materials
- Water resources and working of pumps
- Drainage Engineering
- Food storage
- Product Preservation
- Renewable Energy sources
- Entrepreneurship skills
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Agricultural Engineering is the safest job in India. Many agriculture related posts are available in India in different state sectors as well as the private sector. Apart from that, other Government Departments where graduates may find jobs are Food Department, Research Departments, Dairy Boards (State wise), Coir Board etc. The Thinking interest area indicates a focus on researching, investigating, and increasing the understanding of natural laws. The Persuading interest area indicates a focus on influencing, motivating, and selling to other people.
After the completion of the course of B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering, the candidates will have many career opportunities. Many Government and Private companies are willing to give the employment opportunities to the best candidates. Many job positions are available for those candidates who want to pursue their career in the field of agriculture sector.
Some of the top recruiters for the course of Agricultural Engineering are:-
- Mother Dairy
- Amul Dairy
- Nestle India
- Agricultural Commodities Processors
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Food Corporation of India
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- National Seeds Corporation
- National Dairy Development Board
The starting salary of the degree holder is INR 2 lakhs per annum. The average starting salary of Agriculture Engineering is INR 11 lakhs per annum. The salary will be negotiable as per the experience and knowledge one holds. Furthermore, the salary package of agricultural engineering is different according to the state, company, and job profile. It also depends upon the private and government sector of the agricultural department.
All India Engineering Common Entrance Test (AIE CET) is a national-wide entrance examination to secure admission in Agricultural Engineering in the PM Group of Institution and up to 100% scholarship to all the entrance qualified candidates. Furthermore, in order to take admission, one must follow the below mentioned admission procedure:-
- The student can fill the AIE CET 2021 application form from the official site of All India Engineering Common Entrance Test (AIECET) www.aiecet.com.
- After qualifying the entrance exam, the candidate has to attend admission counseling to confirm his/ her admission according to the All India Rank (AIR) of AIE CET 2021.